Ok, so my son is 8 and that means he automatically likes Pokemon and minecraft.
He also likes anything with LED’s (geek in training I believe… blinky oooooh shiny…. sorry, distracted.)
So awhile back I came across this post BLE controlled Minecraft nightlight. I figured, this is perfect. So I started order some parts (making a few changes of my own along the way) and printed out the cube and base.
I then soldered up the led strips I had from a different project. Finished wiring everything up based on Mr. McMillan’s guide. One of the changes I made was I needed to make a different base piece. The cover originally designed required some larger feet than I had for it. So I designed a new piece.
Here is the alternate piece. Thingiverse
Had an issue the weekend before christmas and had to order some replacements. So here I was Christmas Eve soldering everything up.
And I got it all working just in time. So Christmas morning it was sitting beside all the presents already lit up. I didn’t get a pic of it under the tree. Kind of wish I had. But here is a pic of it light up on my desk.