Some of you know, I really like lithium ion batteries
Shut it! This is a short post, I don’t need you hamming up the works.
Just wait till I show up in your videos….
Ok, lets not worry about that now.
I picked up a pretty sweet haul of batteries this week.
22lbs. I counted 107 2cell packs. 214 cells to check out. This is great, but I have a single opus charger that can do 4 cells at a time.
So 214 cells will take some time to process. I have done that game. So I wanted to do more cells. There are examples online of doing this with arduino’s and what not and since I am big fan of arduino’s anyways I decided to give that a shot. I built it out initially with an arduino uno. Using the awesome guidance of Adam Welch. If you don’t know who Adam is, you gotta check out his work.
So as you have probably seen my fusion360 skills are ….. lacking.
So here is the plan. Pick a time frame. 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month. ect
Will you stop it. We are trying to help people here!
So once you pick your time frame. The goal is to design something in Fusion 360 each day. Doesn’t have to be anything big, doesn’t have to be for printing. Just to get practice in 360. Take a screenshot, upload it whatever. Just post it on the social platforms. Hash tag it with #dailyfusion360. Let the rest of the communities see what you are working on.
A while back a co-worker hit me up over the weekend and said “hey! I found this thing you want it?!?”
Once finding out what “it” was I said sure..
Haha.. you know what “it” was, and you wanted it.
Really? That’s how we are going to start this?
After getting through hurricane irma and halloween season I was able to start looking into this a little more.
It’s this! A Light-o-Rama 16 channel light sequencer.
So it came with software and everything right? Worked out of the box? Sweet
No, it did not come with software.
But I was able to do some digging and figured out it will work with an RS485 to RJ45 serial connection and using the DMX protocol.
DMX protocol? That ^&*% sounds scary.
For once Im gonna agree with you. Not sure what his “protocol” is but I agree.
So anyways. I hook it up and …. nothing. No signal. Hmmmm.
Time to hit the forums! www.doityourselfchristmas.com to the rescue. I found a post that mentioned that LOR (light-o-rama) decided to swap 2 pins.
That’s some dumb shit stuff there..
I know. But that got it working. So I have my laptop able to turn some christmas lights on and off via a testing app. Cool. But not cool enough.
Next step fool!
So we need to sequence this thing.
Different kind of sequence. Time for Vixen3!!
No! Vixen 3!!!
Are you for real with this?
Sorry, Christmas. I forgot.
Anyways. Vixen 3 is a nice piece of software for doing light sequencing to music. So I start playing with that and get a few little tests together and run it from my laptop and the LIGHTS ARE WORKING!!!
Enter the raspberry pi!
Ok tons of fun haven’t you had enough pie?
Not that…. it’s a…. shut up.
So with a RASPBERRY PI COMPUTER!!! I load up an image for something called “falcon pi player“. Configure up my connection to the LOR and click the “test” check box. ALL THE LIGHTS TURN ON!!!!! Awesome. We are SO CLOSE. So export the sequence from Vixen 3 and upload all the assets (sequence file, media) and create a playlist. Now lets run it!
Oh man… it’s working. This is too cool.
I drove past your house, you don’t have any lights up yet.
*deep breath* Ignore him, he doesn’t exist.
You don’t exist.
You are right. My lights aren’t up. But I got everything working and even created a preview!
So next step is the wife has started putting up some lights and we should finish over the weekend!!
Part 2 of the Bike generator for the 18650 battery packs. In this one we build the mounting frame for the treadmill motor, 3dprint an axle connecting sleeve and do some tests with the multimeter to see what kind of voltage we can!. Getting closer to starting to record power generation data to the home automation system!
So… I have a “friend” that asked if I could help with something.
She had something called an OhMiBod. It’s a …. um… it’s a vibrator.
Super mature. Anyway. She has this thing called an OhMiBod Club Vibe. It’s supposed to vibrate to your music Looks like this.
Dude really? ANYWAY!
So apparently she prefers to crank her music from her phone to said vibe. But apparently this thing is when you crank the volume, the primary function of this thing (vibrating to the music) all but disappears and it’s just “on.” So I was asked to fix it.
I bet you fixed it. Haha
Don’t you have somewhere to be?
So. I decided to see if I could knock back the levels on the audio. I remembered a tutorial I saw once on how to make an attenuator for video to create a safety track on one of the channels.
Really? Safety Dance?
So I built out a quick little voltage divider. Started with a 150 ohm and a 1k ohm. It helped but it got better once I went down to a 150 ohm and a 220 ohm.
So I tested everything out using the breadboard and alligator clips.
So now it’s time to tighten everything up
NO! Before this guy completely implodes here.
I took a dead marker out of the craft bin and cut it apart. Put a piece on each side of the attenuator and soldered it up and have a male and a female 3.5mm jack on each side.
Once it was all soldered up, I hot glued the pieces together and wrapped some tape around the one end to give the shrink wrap something to hold on to.
Now lets throw some shrink tube on it and make it nice and neat.
So I gave it to her and from what I “hear” it’s getting the job done.
And I’m the perv…
So in all seriousness. This was actually interesting. I have never hacked part of someone’s sex life before but this was interesting. Not my normal stuff, but hey, glad I could help.